Every year, Canada receives a little over a hundred thousand (100K) international students who made a choice to study at any of their prestigious universities or institutes. The high-quality educational system and curriculum as well as how friendly Canada for immigrants has cemented its place as the most sought after country by students worldwide.
Just like you can tell, which such number yearly and a lot of recurring requests, it can be a little stressful to get awarded such an opportunity. This is a very well researched resource that will aid you to get the Canadian study permit also known as a Canadian student visa.
Applying for a student visa can be difficult but If I have to simplify it, I’ll say it is as easy as;
- First, you need to apply to an eligible educational institution
- Two, Prepare all your other necessary documents
- And finally complete your visa application.
However, this is not concrete enough and will hardly give you any ideas on how to stand out during the application process of Canadian student visa and ensure you are a success in your attempt. To make things easier, we’ve put together this list of five steps to help you with the process.
Step 1: Find out if you are eligible
The first step to applying for a Canada student visa is to find out if you are eligible. You must be a full-time student at a designated learning institution and have a valid study permit. You also need to prove that you have enough money to support yourself during your studies.
Finding out if you are eligible to get a Canada Student Vis will not be complete if you do not tailor such requirements and questions to the school you intend to study at. Every school has its own eligibility requirements and that should be what you are focused on in this step.
Another important thing to note is that to even start the application process, you need to have an acceptance letter from a school in Canada. This you can only get after applying and being accepted by one of such schools.
We recommend the following Canadian universities:
- University of Toronto
- University of Winnipeg
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of Manitoba
- York University
Start your Application for the Canadian Student Visa
After obtaining your acceptance letter from any university of your choice, it’s not time to move on to the most important step in this journey; The Application. You have to apply for a Canadian study permit, which is best known as a Canadian student visa.
Read the guideline below carefully to have the right information for your application procedure:
- Provide the acceptance letter you obtained from any of the above higher learning institutions.
- This application can be done online via the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website before arriving in Canada.
- If you cannot submit the documents online, send the visa application documents by post office box.
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources (tuition fees and living expenses) to support your studies in Canada.
- Present complete medical examinations that state you are in good health.
- Submit proof confirming you have no criminal record.
Step 3: Get the documents required
Below are a few documents you’ll need to have ready in Scanned copies during your application process:
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country.
- Proof of financial support during your study programme. (You must have between 10,000 and 11,000 CAD per year for living in the country).
- Filled-in student permit application form
- The original letter of acceptance from any of our recommended university
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD)
- A letter of intent
Step 4: Complete and submit your application
Now that you have all the required documents, it’s time to fill out the application form. You can do this online or by paper. If you’re applying online, create an account and login. If you’re applying by paper, print out the form and fill it in by hand.
Step 5: Follow up on your application
Once you have submitted your application, it is important to follow up with the Canadian embassy or consulate. You can call or email to check on the status of your application and to ask any questions you may have. It is also a good idea to stay in touch with your references in case the embassy or consulate needs to get in touch with them.